I stumble over quite a lot of interesting articles and some are worth sharing on this site. I plan to do this every 4 weeks (thus “4x7 Review”) and I will include my own posts, some training highlights and some of my nutrition. Enjoy!
As seen on runbikeco.de
It’s been a busy four weeks blogging-wise:
- The race that didn’t happen: My Tegernseelauf race report.
- Took a while to complete this one, but here is my Borkum Runaround.
- Race report: Hapfelmeier Laufcup.
- One more race: Baltimore Running Festival.
- Breakfast for champions: My Fuel for a long run.
Notable past training
I’ll be taking two weeks off of running and will be focusing on strength and mobility. Beginning November I’ll start to build the base for a successful next year.
Lastly, a more or less uncommented link-dump of the past 28 days.
- This should have been in the last review already, but somehow I failed to mention it: Strava recently added personal heat maps as a premium feature. Cool stuff!
- Garmin recently announced their new 620/220 running watches. Pretty cool stuff (USB + WiFi, finally!). Head over to Ray’s blog for a quick first look
- Want to get around in Moscow? Get your running shoes out, leave the car in the garage!
- New Marathon world record in Berlin! Wilson Kipsang runs 2:03:23.
- And speaking of marathon times, here are the Boston Marathon Acceptances complete with the respective qualifying times.
- TrainingPeaks, the main training log software I use, get’s a new look with lots of new technology under the hood. Currently in beta, can’t wait for the final release!
With that, have a great four weeks ahead. And remember, you can subscribe to this blog via Atom as well as Feedburner. And if you prefer email over RSS, subscribe to my newsletter (on the right, in the sidebar)