I stumble over quite a lot of interesting articles and some are worth sharing on this site. I plan to do this every 4 weeks (thus “4x7 Review”) and I will include my own posts, some training highlights and some of my nutrition. As I didn’t keep my own schedule for reasons mentioned below (weather!), this one is aptly named “6.5x7 Review”, covering the last six-and-a-half weeks. Enjoy!
As seen on runbikeco.de
Can you tell that the weather was really, really nice for the most part of July and August? Yep, not much blogging happened, and I blame summer! But still, if you want to recap:
- My first post about coding (yep, the co.de part of this whole thing): A Simple Data Logger.
- Race Report Run 4 Trees.
Notable past training
Over the last six weeks I wasn’t as consistent in my running as I wish it had been. I tend to have three weeks of solid training, then I get injured one way or the other and then I have to dial back and start all over. I’m sure I’ll figure out what’s causing problems sometime. For now, here are the totals since end of June:
- Week 27: 52.16 km running, 127.59 km cycling
- Week 28: 56.29 km running, 32.27 km cycling
- Week 29: 51.51 km running, 118.20 km cycling
- Week 30: 26.32 km running, 140.26 km cycling
- Week 31: 11.53 km running, 324.42 km cycling
- Week 32: 35.56 km running, 109.24 km cycling
On the plus side I was able keep the fitness by going out on long and/or hard bike rides when I took my small breaks from running. I think my fitness level is pretty good at the moment, I just have to stay injury free until September 22nd, when I run the second half-marathon of the season.
Together with Coach Mike I’ve decided to play it safe for the next couple of weeks, meaning no effort harder than Z3 (i.e. no sprints/strides) and no runs longer than 90-100 minutes (i.e. less than 20km).
I won’t bore you with everything I ate during the past weeks, but there is always a meal or two that was special.
- Self-made pizza from the Grill (again forgot to take pictures). The pizza was better than my last attempt, I think I have the dough figured out by now. Things to work on: How to transfer the pizza from “production” to the grill without ripping it apart.
- Mostly lots of BBQ. Can you spot a scheme here?
- I’ve discovered a great book with recipes to fuel my long training sessions: Feed Zone Portables. That stuff is great and I will for sure add a book review for this one in the next couple of weeks.
Lastly, a more or less uncommented link-dump of the past 28 days.
- Where do muscles get there power?
- Treating harmstring strains. I can understand my injury from earlier this year better now.
- PowerTap announces price drop for the G3 hub. Awesome stuff!
- A Saturday on Strava, Mapped.
With that, have a great four weeks ahead. And remember, you can subscribe to this blog via Atom as well as Feedburner.